We’ll be having more of our informal summer jam sessions and band performances this summer featuring the club's friends and supporters’ music in late July/ August. The first set will be the band at 1.30pm, then it will be followed by a jam session 3-4pm. Do come and join in, or just watch the fun! The bands are -
- July 30 Tom Welsh band. Tom is both a physicist and an electric bass player - so expect some jazz quarks!
- August 6 Jean Watson collective. You'll have seen Jean singing at many venues in Leeds, she also runs our jazz workshops (and our raffle!)
- August 13 Jeff Hewer group. Jeff hails from Toronto, now a resident of Chapel A and a fine guitarist
- August 20 Phil Green’s “Game of Pairs. Phil is a flugelhorn player who runs the "Quiet Jazz Project". This gig will feature ‘paired solos’ - two soloists playing at the same time.
- August 27 Steve Crocker's reunion quartet. Bassist and Seven Jazz organiser Steve with some friends from the Loire jazz summer school
Summer Jazz Jam-borees: Sunday afternoons @Inkwell 1.30pm (band) and 3.00pm (jam session) £5, kids under 16 free